At FASCETS, our objectives are to:
- Contribute to the prevention of FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders) by increasing understanding of FASD as an invisible brain-based physical disability
- Educate all systems about FASD as a brain-based condition by providing relevant and current information for supporting children, adolescents and adults with FASD, their families and their support systems.
- Support the development and implementation of effective and appropriate accommodations to be used by families, agencies and systems for people with FASD and other brain-based conditions.
- Create a common language shared by parents and professionals to improve communication and facilitate networking.
- Contribute to creating a family-centered, culturally relevant, community-based, collaborative continuum of care that meets the needs of people with FASD and other neurobehavioral conditions.
- AND ultimately, to improve outcomes for individuals living with FASD.